Monday, June 6, 2016

The First Day

The first day of my internship for United Way was on May 26, 2016. While I really had no idea what to expect, I also have worked before with United Way, in high school, so I was instantly welcomed by many familiar faces. What I found most immediately surprising was how fast the time was going throughout the day; I suppose that after years of movie-theater-jobs, I had begun to associate "work" with "slow and boring." Even on my first day where I was just getting settled in, I left feeling like I could have stayed longer, working on my project for the day much more. The first day I was introduced to the computer system, given a small office tour, shown to my desk, and acquainted with more specifically what I would be doing. Since my first day, I have been put in charge of most of United Way SLO's publicity. I have written and published Facebook and Twitter posts. I have written and submitted press releases for the United Way Youth Board (which is pretty neat since the Youth Board is how I first came into contact with United Way). I have compiled surveys from the Youth Board and United Way's Imagination Library, and turned the data into informative flyers for publicity. I have created brochures. All this in the first week, and I haven't been bored once. I am very excited to see where the summer takes me. :)
Here is a picture I took of my desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment